AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Geographic Regions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have specific ads to release only to malaysia and vietnam users who search for my keywords specifically. Now next to each keyword I see a landing page url - do I need to use this or does this help? Or should I use one landing page for all those keywords specifically?

Also I was wanting to know how can I track that x users came to my site on page 2 after landing page and then exited instead of signing up.

Please advice thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Targeting Geographic Regions

D4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
D4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi tokumaraditya, welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

You'll need to create a separate Campaign that targets only Malaysia and Vietnam since geo-targeting is managed at the Campaign level.

As for the landing pages, I would set these at the Ad level rather than the Keyword level, unless there was a particular keyword that needed a different landing page than the other keywords in that Ad Group. Even if that was the case, I would create a separate Ad Group for those and set the landing page at the Ad level, but that's just personal preference.

As for tracking users who visited your "page 2" after your landing page, I would recommend linking up your AdWords account to your Google Analytics account if you haven't already. For more information on this, please visit this page:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

Regardless of whether your link your AdWords and Analytics accounts, you can still find out the information you need by using Advanced Segments in Google Analytics. I've created a sample Advanced Segment to get you started - just click on the following link to add the Advanced Segment to your Google Analytics account:

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?type=advanced_segment&uid=VaN87Q2nTXuyKc7_1o9GFg

After you've imported the Advanced Segment, you'll need to change "/your-ppc-landing-page" to the actual landing page that you're using, and you'll need to change "/page-2" to the actual page that you want to track. After you've done that, you should be able to see all the visitors who landed on your landing page, who also visited your "page 2", and who didn't end up signing up. (Note: I'm assuming that you already have conversion tracking setup on your sign up page - this report won't work if you don't.)

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Targeting Geographic Regions

D4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
D4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi tokumaraditya, welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

You'll need to create a separate Campaign that targets only Malaysia and Vietnam since geo-targeting is managed at the Campaign level.

As for the landing pages, I would set these at the Ad level rather than the Keyword level, unless there was a particular keyword that needed a different landing page than the other keywords in that Ad Group. Even if that was the case, I would create a separate Ad Group for those and set the landing page at the Ad level, but that's just personal preference.

As for tracking users who visited your "page 2" after your landing page, I would recommend linking up your AdWords account to your Google Analytics account if you haven't already. For more information on this, please visit this page:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

Regardless of whether your link your AdWords and Analytics accounts, you can still find out the information you need by using Advanced Segments in Google Analytics. I've created a sample Advanced Segment to get you started - just click on the following link to add the Advanced Segment to your Google Analytics account:

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?type=advanced_segment&uid=VaN87Q2nTXuyKc7_1o9GFg

After you've imported the Advanced Segment, you'll need to change "/your-ppc-landing-page" to the actual landing page that you're using, and you'll need to change "/page-2" to the actual page that you want to track. After you've done that, you should be able to see all the visitors who landed on your landing page, who also visited your "page 2", and who didn't end up signing up. (Note: I'm assuming that you already have conversion tracking setup on your sign up page - this report won't work if you don't.)

Hope that helps.