AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Different Countries

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If I'm going to target a bunch of countries with limited budget is it recommended to setup a campaign for each country or to target all those countries in one campaign since I gonna start with a limited budget?  Can anyone please explain for me the pros & cons for each case? 

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Different Countries

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The more you customize / tailor your landing page for each market you are targeting, (language; culture; features relevant; local phone...) and (the more) keywords (in each ad-group) are tightly match the theme of the landing page - the better!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The smaller the region targeted , the more relevant you keywords will be , leading to higher QS , and higher ad rank. You will get higher positions for the ad display.It's just that simple.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

The con´s with many different campaigns - especially when you are just starting out with a new account or product - is that you might wanna change things inside the campaigns (like keywords, ads etc) and the more campaigns you have, the more you have to analyze and the more changes you will have to do.
Certainly, your analysis will get more thorough the more campaigns you have. Well, at least if you have high enough volumes (impressions, clicks, conversions). Otherwise it might get really hard to draw any conclusions at all, except not so interesting geo-specific ones (like: oh, I had 2 clicks in germnay that were 10% more expensive than my 3 clicks in France)
Another drawback with many small campaigns instead of fewer bigger ones is that the conversion optimizer requires at least 15 conversions in 30 days to be able to activate. And that is at least, you want a lot more to have it more reliable.
In theory, yes, you want your account to be really granulated, tight and nice. But in practice, with your limited time, you need to be pragmatic and start out with something that is far from perfect.
It totally depends.