AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Best Practices

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I had a campaign going with an ad group that included both responsive ads and gmail ads- which both had a customer email list for targetingcertain people.

I have gotten ZERO results after running it for 3 days. Is it because I have a targeted list to both the responsive ads and gmail ads? I realized that I should probably have those separated into two ad groups- one for just responsive ads and the other for just the gmail ads (which this one would include the targeted list of customer emails). Or is there something else I'm missing? Still learning the best practices with managing Google Adwords accounts and when I should be including targeted lists and when it's too limiting. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Targeting Best Practices

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @LEAH K,

You did not disclose how large your customer match email list is, however, my best guess is that it might well be way too much limiting. While it may serve well some purposes, it's not appropriate for reaching a large audience. 

You may want to consider choosing the "similar audiences" targeting feature so as to broaden your audience. The feature is based on your customer match audiences and is an available option for you in regard to YouTube and Gmail. 

***   About Customer Match   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6379332?hl=en

Best,

Lakatos