AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting 2 sites with Google Dynamic Remarketing in the same Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I've got a cracker for you.

I am trying to figure out how to set up a dynamic remarketing campaign for our sister site.

In the Dynamic Remarketing campaign already set up, we have built audiences based on GTM tags which pull data from the data layer of the site. This allows us to target customers based on the ecomm PageType they have viewed. I.e product viewers, cart abandoners etc.

So I began setting up the tag in GTM for our sister site and realised that we would be specifying the same PageType so how would the remarketing campaign be able to differentiate when building audiences?

We have a lot of cross traffic between the site so we couldn't build the audience like so: Targeting <product viewers> <excluding visitors to URL from sister site>

We also have separate product feeds and branding for both sites so couldn't just make one big campaign and hope google could serve relevant ads. 

Anyone got any ideas of how to build these separate audiences? 

Thanks for your help, this one has been driving me crazy for the last couple of days!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime T (Google Employee)
August 2016

Re: Targeting 2 sites with Google Dynamic Remarketing in the same Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex C

How about creating new audience based on URLs people have visited + Tag? 

Visitors of a page -

URL Contains - abc.com

AND

ecom_pagetype - equals - product

You can repeat the same for another website.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime T (Google Employee)
August 2016

Re: Targeting 2 sites with Google Dynamic Remarketing in the same Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex C

How about creating new audience based on URLs people have visited + Tag? 

Visitors of a page -

URL Contains - abc.com

AND

ecom_pagetype - equals - product

You can repeat the same for another website.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.