AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target search page location in devices?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'planning use the flexible bid strategy for one of my clients as a test. There are mobile traffic keywords which performs better, and I want to target them individually. How I'm going to execute this plan. DO i Have to ad them in one adgroup/campaign or is there any other way to target them separately. As these keywords perform well though out all the devices, is there any way of mobile bid adjustment in the 'Target search location' option for the best performing keywords.

Thanks 

Regards

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Target search page location in devices?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nick,

You can use this particular Flexible Bid strategy at the campaign, ad group or keyword level as per your requirement.

You first need to go to Shared Library, then Bid strategies and here create one Flexible Bid strategy and then implement that in your campaign at respective level by clicking on Bid Strategy on top.

More details are available here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

Let us know if this helps!

Pankaj

Re: Target search page location in devices?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Nick,

It is possible to adjust position specifically for mobile devices, but it's not straightforward and its success will depend greatly upon the particular Account details.

The method I have used for other clients is to examine historical Ad position data for mobile and non-mobile clicks, then use this data to automatically adjust either just the bid modifier for mobiles or the bid modifier and the Max CPC of that Keyword.  The process has to carried out gradually over time to allow for these changes to have effect and so as not to make more than one change per day, but the theory is sound.

The process works best when there are a lot of clicks on all devices each day, and where there is already a reasonable "distance" between mobile and non-mobile clicks in terms of position without any bid modifier.  If you are already using a bid modifier of +300% then there may be little else you can do.

If you have sufficient conversions in a Group or Campaign, then the various conversion optimisation processes will take into account devices so in that respect you could just assign, for example, target CPA and AdWords will itself handle the device bidding.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits