AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target outranking share is not accepting URL with www

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to outrank on of my competitor using Target outranking share but when i tried using it and entering the domain name using (www) in "Domain name to outrank" section it showing message that invalid URL

But when put the URL without (www) it is accepting it.

Problem is that my competitor is using url with (www) in adowrds ad, please advice, what should i do as i want to be in top position and right now i am on 2nd position.

Thanks

Gagan

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: Target outranking share is not accepting URL with www

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gagan,

You will want to just submit the root domain without "www". This will give you what you are looking for. The "www" or what they use before the root domain doesn't matter as AdWords only allows one ad per root domain to show during a given auction.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: Target outranking share is not accepting URL with www

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gagan,

You will want to just submit the root domain without "www". This will give you what you are looking for. The "www" or what they use before the root domain doesn't matter as AdWords only allows one ad per root domain to show during a given auction.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here, but leaving off the "www" hasn't changed anything. I'm still getting the "Invalid Domain Name" error. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies (it is one year old).

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.