AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target cart abandoners through RLSA?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to target people who came onto my site but didn't click the buy now button through RLSA but am having problems with it.

I suppose the first question should be can cart abandoners be targeted through RLSA?

If this is something that can be done, then I'm having problems doing it cause the list says it is for display only. To run through the process, to create the list I'm selecting the option "Visitors of a page who did not visit another page". Then I'm adding the homepage of the site as the page that the user visited and the page that the user goes to after they've clicked on buy now as the page that they didn't visit. Once the list is created, the list size for google search says "unavailable - Display Only". What could I be doing wrong?

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rashed K
September 2015

Re: Target cart abandoners through RLSA?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rashed K lists for RLSA must be based upon the AdWords remarketing tag; those created in Analytics can only be used for Display.

To create what you need you'll need a custom combination list using one list made up of everyone who visits your "cart" page and another (as an exclusion) for everyone that visits your completed transaction page.

Here's info on setting up custom combinations:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549111?hl=en

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Rashed K;

First, please verify that you followed all steps as explained in this RLSA article;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
H Moshe,

Thank you for your help. I've done exactly what the link you sent says to do and it's still not working. My problem is that the audience I'm creating says it can only be used for Display. The link you sent mentions that some lists can only be used on the Display network only while others can be used on the display network and the search network. I really hope not but maybe the type of targeting that I want to do can't be done on the Search network.

All I need to do is to make an audience list for everyone who visited page A but from there, they didn't go to page B. Can a list be created to do this that is available to RLSA as well as Display or is this something that can only be done on Display?

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rashed K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rashed K lists for RLSA must be based upon the AdWords remarketing tag; those created in Analytics can only be used for Display.

To create what you need you'll need a custom combination list using one list made up of everyone who visits your "cart" page and another (as an exclusion) for everyone that visits your completed transaction page.

Here's info on setting up custom combinations:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549111?hl=en

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jon,

Ah, I understand now. That's great thanks Smiley Happy