AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target and bid vs Bid only - Remarketing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Everyone,

What is difference between Target & bid and Bid only? Try to answer the question in your own words, please do not copy and paste answer from Adwords help. If required then leave source link.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pankaj S
September 2015

Re: Target and bid vs Bid only - Remarketing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

For Bid Only you will increase your bid on the remarketed list but will still target new customers. With target and bid you will only target and bid on the members of the list. So i recommend using bid only if you just intend to up your bid on people who have previously visited your site and have been tagged.

Hope This Helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pankaj S
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

For Bid Only you will increase your bid on the remarketed list but will still target new customers. With target and bid you will only target and bid on the members of the list. So i recommend using bid only if you just intend to up your bid on people who have previously visited your site and have been tagged.

Hope This Helps!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I would always recommend using target and bid - and ensure that my remarketing visitors are not mixed with new visitors. The reason? Where possible I like to be more aggressive with my messaging both in the ads and if the client is on board, on the landing pages to the return visitor.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
ahh I see, I usually use remarketing on my search campaigns since our clients product is usually comparison shopped.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Still gives you a chance to add more urgency to the ad, or even give a discount code to those you know are coming back for a second look....