AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target & Bid abd Bid only in Display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would want to try this combination Managed placements (Target & Bid) + Topics (Bid Only).

I usually have the targeting in separate ad groups however if somebody can help with the below.. would be really great. I also came across few articles but its not that clear to proceed with.

Lets consider a sample Ad group Targeting:

Managed placements (Target & Bid)

1. amazon.com
  2. ebay.com
  3. nytimes.com

Topics (Bid Only):

Health

News

Beauty

Clarify the below which algorithm is correct:

Ads display in the 3 placement websites in any pages irrespective of topic and Ads will also display in the 3 websites by matching the topic and Ads will also display in any other websites that are not mentioned in the placement list but are in display network let’s say www.babycenter.com or gadgets.com etc if it matches the topic.

Ads display in the 3 websites only if it matches the topic and will not display in any other pages and Ads will also display in any other websites that are not mentioned in the placement list but are in display network let’s say www.babycenter.com or gadgets.com etc etc by matching the topic.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Target & Bid abd Bid only in Display network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't quite sure I understand the boolean  conditions that you have set ("but" is not allowed under boolean arithmetic)  but the rules are as follows:

Target and bid: the AND condition applies (overlapping)

Bid only: the OR condition applies; (in addition to)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’