AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target a Subdomain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking to advertise on a specific subdomain of a very large website. This subdomain is a perfect fit for my product, while the rest of the site isn't. I have attempted to use the placements feature, but my ads never showed up. I thought maybe it was too low of a bid, so I increased my bids, this did not help.

Am I missing something?  Any advice would be helpful.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Target a Subdomain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Geoff. Could you share the subdomain with us? If you cannot, have a look and see if there are GDN ads on that specific subdomain (look for the blue triangle and X sign on the right top corner which, when clicked, should offer explanations related to AdSense).

Another way of checking if that subdomain offers ad placements through AdWords is to use the Display Planner (Tools - Display Planner) in your adwords account. See if that specific subdomain is targetable. Not all websites / subdomains are.

Let us know what you find.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Geoff. Could you share the subdomain with us? If you cannot, have a look and see if there are GDN ads on that specific subdomain (look for the blue triangle and X sign on the right top corner which, when clicked, should offer explanations related to AdSense).

Another way of checking if that subdomain offers ad placements through AdWords is to use the Display Planner (Tools - Display Planner) in your adwords account. See if that specific subdomain is targetable. Not all websites / subdomains are.

Let us know what you find.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting topic.

I would like to find out how can the display planner be used for searching placements if we know them ? I can only find the option to input keywords , it would be very useful to input websites that we already know.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Calin. I think the site uses a combo of GDN and their own ad space. The specific spots I am looking for, now doesn't have the blue triangle - but sometimes it does. I have send a message to the webmaster to find out more.