AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target People In The World (For Holiday Rental)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am doing campaigns for holiday rentals in Rio de Janeiro. 

My target location is multiple. In one campaign, I have the entire world excluding Canada and USA - and the language set is English. In another campaign I have the opposite ( Canada and USA only). 

Now, in Location options (advanced), what should I select if I want to target people who show interest in the Holiday Rental and show interest in the city of Rio de Janeiro only. I don't care of their location. They need to be interested in the city of Rio de Janeiro as this is where the apartments are located. 

Yet there are 3 options: 

People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location (recommended) 
People in my targeted location 
People searching for my targeted location 

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 17.20.35.png

Thanks so much for your time. 

/S

/S

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steph D
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This means that the ad is shown only to users who are physically in the USA and are searching about a service "rental apartments in Rio". If you omit Rio they will be shown ads about rental apartments in their location.  So, make sure that Rio is with + or all keywords are exact or  phrase  match.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Since your audience(s) are users outside Rio who show intent to visit Rio, pick the 3rd option

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Steph D,

@MosheTLV gave a great answer. If you also want to advertise to people who live in Rio, choose the first option.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The 3rd option despite, my targeted location is "USA and CANADA" but holiday rentals are in Rio de Janeiro --> therefore isn't Google going to take into account "USA and CANADA"  as target location? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any thoughts: "The 3rd option despite, my targeted location is "USA and CANADA" but holiday rentals are in Rio de Janeiro --> therefore isn't Google going to take into account "USA and CANADA"  as target location? "

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

There is a misunderstanding here. Your targeted location is Rio and the audiences  are English speaking users

If your targeted location is US and Canada and the product  is Rio - this is a whole different game....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah sorry this is a bit confusing. 

In other words, I am trying to advertise to people located in the USA/Canada who search on google about "apartment rental in Rio de Janeiro" .

So which of the 3 Location options (advanced) is recommended? 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well... two options: either to target Rio using the 3rd option, and to exclude all the world except US and Canda (which is odd to exclude the "world").

A better option is to target people  who are physically in the USA and Canada (option 2), but then the keywords about the product (rental apartments) MUST include the word Rio

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, option 2 is what I thought as the best option. (I also added "rio" in my keywords.) However option two says clearly: "Your ad can appear to people who are likely to be physically located in your targeted location, even if they show interest in other locations." And yet the location of the holiday rental is in Rio. Will that impede my ads in search results from people located in USA/Canada? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steph D
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This means that the ad is shown only to users who are physically in the USA and are searching about a service "rental apartments in Rio". If you omit Rio they will be shown ads about rental apartments in their location.  So, make sure that Rio is with + or all keywords are exact or  phrase  match.