AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Target CPA - bid changes history

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Is it possible too see the bid changes that Adwords does to achieve the target CPA?

Thanks,

Krzysztof

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Target CPA - bid changes history

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You cannot see this. The system adjusts the bids dynamically and tries to enter auctions that are more likely to end up with a conversion and also tries to stay out of other auctions which are less likely to convert. So the process goes something like this: you are eligible to participate in an auction; the system calculates the likelihood of a conversion; if it's too low, you're not taking part; if it's high, an auction is submitted. If you make it to the auction, you might make it and get an impression or not make it and therefore not get an impression. Logging the bid would therefore mean a granularity much higher than the impression level, which is already pretty detailed.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.