AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Switch to Search Network with Display Select

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I switched to the new search network with display select and I saw a massive decline in my number of  clicks.  I changed to Search Only but this was marginally better than the Search Network with Display Select.  This has affected my business as I used to have at least one enquiry a day and now I am lucky if I get one.  Can you please help me?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Switch to Search Network with Display Select

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

Can you tell us the current campaign type of your account, is it search only or search with display select?

Please note that making frequent changes to your campaign type might impact the daily traffic and further your conversions/enquiries.

You should first read the campaign type carefully and then decide which one is the best for your business and based on that, you should make the change if required.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043?hl=en

Pankaj

Re: Switch to Search Network with Display Select

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Mark,
I would suggest never running Search and Display within the same campaign. Even with these new 'Display Select' campaigns, you always want to separate them into their own campaigns. With that being said, I'm not sure why you would then see a decline in clicks? Do you mean you saw a decline in 'leads'? If this is the case then this is normal with display. Clicks coming from it are usually much less qualified (unless it’s very well targeted). Switching back should have at least put it back to what it was before so I’m not sure what the issue is. If it’s a reduction in ‘leads’ that you’re seeing (not clicks), then I would suggest ensuring that you’re campaigns are very targeted so you’re not wasting money on clicks that won’t convert. Make sure you’re taking advantage of matching options (phrase match, broad-match modifier) and plenty of negative keywords. Look at your Search Query Reports to see what people who’ve clicked on your ad actually searched for.