AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop in performance

[ Edited ]
Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi,

A couple of days ago I made a quick post to see if using a PPC Tool was advisable.
I went ahead and used a company called Adrac who basically spent 30 minutes having a look at my account and then offered vague advice, and then of course offered their services for an amount.

See my previous post here:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Community-lounge/Adrac-ad-words-evaluation/td-p/138092

Since they have been on my account, I have noticed drastic changes in my campaign's performance. It has gone from an Avg Position of 3 straight up to 5.5, I have also noticed that my CPC has shot up from £0.60/£0.75 to £0.99 (yesterday) and today £1.30!

Surely If my CPC is rising, my average position should do so also?
The only changes I have made myself in the past couple of days would be location, I changed my location from international to a group of 12 specific countries. I have also edited a few negative keywords.

Can anyone advise? Could this Adrac company be advertising on my budget or have done something to my ad words account to rapidly drop my performance, therefore leaving me thinking I must go with them and pay for their services??

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden drop in performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Before taking up any decision, I would ask you to look at two things;

1) Change History: What all changes they made?

2) Compare performance from the day they started working on your campaign with previous time?

As you stated that Avg. Pos and avg. cpc got effected, might be QS & CTR dropped.

Please do some analysis first.

Thanks
Neha Gupta
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Hi Neha,

After checking my history, I can't see much activity just that of me adding countries to my locations and creating my new ad groups (which aren't enabled at the moment)

My CTR has dropped slighty, but my CPC has shot up.

I took a screen capture of the details. £1.24 for 1 click, position 6.1. Whereas last week I was paying £0.50 and my position would be 3.2/3.3

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable

And this is the details of the same key word, just dated the week before I noticed noticable differences to my performance

Capture.PNG

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Are you using auto bids?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 6
Not applicable
Hi,

I am using Auto bids. I set my default max to £0.70, yet I'm still being charged up to £1.30 for a click?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Something is wrong with your settings,

Please follow the instructions in the following link;

"It isn't possible to set individual CPC bids with automatic bidding, but you can set a maximum CPC bid for your entire campaign. This maximum CPC bid, known as the CPC bid limit, allows you to control the maximum amount you're willing to pay for each click. For example, if you specify a bid limit of US$1, your CPC bids won't exceed US$1 for any single click."

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470106?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’