AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Dynamic Remarketing Audience List Size Drop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've noticed that between June 16th-June 18th, all 4 of my automatically created lists used in dynamic remarketing have taken a drastic hit in list size. The lists have stayed steady for months and then between the 16th-18th, all of the lists (general visitors/product viewers/cart abandoners/past buyers) have dropped in size by between 26-29%. As you can see in the screen shot attached, this has also happened once before where the list sizes dropped but then bounced back a few days later.

Do any of you have any idea what could be the cause of this?

Thanks, Past Buyers List.PNG

Casey

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden Dynamic Remarketing Audience List Size Drop

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
I would consider the following:
- Is your tag still firing properly on your site and passing the proper parameters?
- Is the drop affecting all lists? only this one?
- If you are actively targeting this list in an ad group, are you seeing a similar drop in impressions/clicks/conversions?
- Is your site about potentially sensitive categories (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en)?

Re: Sudden Dynamic Remarketing Audience List Size Drop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

-As far as I know, our tag is still firing properly. I'm not really sure of the best way to check that myself but my dev team seems to think everything should be fine.

-The drop is affecting all of the automatically created lists for dynamic remarketing. Our manually created remarketing lists through both adwords and google analytics have not changed.

-Yes, we have 4 ad groups using these audiences and they have all seen a drastic drop in what you would expect (impressions/clicks/revenue)

-My site, although close in some categories, does not fall into any of the sensitive categories.