AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Dynamic Remarketing Audience List Size Drop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've noticed that between June 16th-June 18th, all 4 of my automatically created lists used in dynamic remarketing have taken a drastic hit in list size. The lists have stayed steady for months and then between the 16th-18th, all of the lists (general visitors/product viewers/cart abandoners/past buyers) have dropped in size by between 26-29%. As you can see in the screen shot attached, this has also happened once before where the list sizes dropped but then bounced back a few days later.

Do any of you have any idea what could be the cause of this?

Thanks, Past Buyers List.PNG

Casey

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden Dynamic Remarketing Audience List Size Drop

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
I would consider the following:
- Is your tag still firing properly on your site and passing the proper parameters?
- Is the drop affecting all lists? only this one?
- If you are actively targeting this list in an ad group, are you seeing a similar drop in impressions/clicks/conversions?
- Is your site about potentially sensitive categories (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en)?

Re: Sudden Dynamic Remarketing Audience List Size Drop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

-As far as I know, our tag is still firing properly. I'm not really sure of the best way to check that myself but my dev team seems to think everything should be fine.

-The drop is affecting all of the automatically created lists for dynamic remarketing. Our manually created remarketing lists through both adwords and google analytics have not changed.

-Yes, we have 4 ad groups using these audiences and they have all seen a drastic drop in what you would expect (impressions/clicks/revenue)

-My site, although close in some categories, does not fall into any of the sensitive categories.