AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Stuck in Position # 4 - Even with outrageous max cpc and above 7 Quality Scores

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I've been managing an Adwords account for a local business for over a year without a hitch. Its been almost a week now when we've dropped down and stayed in position #4. I've bidded outrageous CPCs for some keywords to see if the bidding for our keywords has increased....and nothing! we dont move from position #4. Most of our keywords have a quality score of 7 and better.

I have concludedd it has to be a glitch!... When I test some of our keywords, the competitors ads that reach the top positions are obviously more generalized than ours. (and i repeat, we are bidding an outrageous amt!)

Can someone please help?? Ive tried calling google ad words help, and they go on to explain cpc, quality score, etc, blah,blah,blah. they are not interested in LOOKING/ ANALIZING my account

thank you for reading guys !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Stuck in Position # 4 - Even with outrageous max cpc and above 7 Quality Scores

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Curious...

what type are bidding are you using?

manual?
enhanced CPC?
Auto?
Conversion Optimizer?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Re: Stuck in Position # 4 - Even with outrageous max cpc and above 7 Quality Scores

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you made any changes to your keywords or ads during that time that could have effected your quality score?
Have you had low CTR (always or recently)?
Have your CTR dropped significantly since you dropped to #4?

Have you segmented your keywords by "Top vs Other" to see the how often ads are actually are shown at the top (and do that for weeks before AND after the drop for comparison)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had this exact same problem recently.  I figured maybe it was an issue with the "review status" on my ads or something.  I was able to resolve the issue by simply making a change to each of my ads (like one letter in the ad text) so that they'd get slated for review again. I then changed my ads back.  Shortly afterwards I was able to display at position 1 again with my normal max cpc.