AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

State specific ad group

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm creating state based ad groups and also inserting all the city based keywords into apart from the state based keywords. Am I doing it right? The quality score of the city based keywords are all below average.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: State specific ad group

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Mainak,

Thanks for writing it.

It will always effect your quality score because You are targeting multiple city wise keywords with single ad. Why you are not trying to create separate ads city wise? With separate Ads you can get best quality score.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
Geo targeting by intent (including a city name in the keyword) is a redundancy. I would do that only with small towns / neighborhood / suburbs.
As any other keywords, if the keyword gets high CTR the QS will be high. So, if you are getting bellow average QS - most likely that that the CTR is (relatively to other advertisers) low.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would say the best way to use AdWords geographic targeting, when you have multiple businesses in the same geographic area.