AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Stars Ratings in Ads Requirements

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I understand that 150+ Reviews averaging 3.5 or higher are required to display star ratings in search ads. Is there a required time frame in which these reviews are generated?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Good question,

In  the first version of  the "seller rating" 30 reviews  were required during the last 12 months. I assume the same applies for the 150. Also, since most rating agencies grade  the business for the "past 12 months", I assume that Google also  considers 150 reviews within the last 12 months. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Christopher, the requirement is 150 reviews with a composite score over 3.5 over a rolling 12 month period. As such, you therefore need to get the 150 reviews within a 12 month period before you will see them activated. Once the 150 mark is achieved there is a short time lapse before your stars are active with Google, there is no hard and fast rule for this but within 2-3 weeks you are normally good.

With the above in mind, I'd recommend you look at strategies to generate reviews as quickly as possible. This is best achieved by using multiple means of review generation (on-site, email, SMS text message) to give customers choice for their means of leaving feedback.

Best regards,

Simon Woods