AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Star Ratings in Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, Community!

Are the star rating available for individuals or only shops and stores? A client of mine has a rating system for physicians and their organic search results show the star rating when the doctor shows up and I was wondering if I could expect to see that if we ran paid advertisements for the individual or if the star ratings have to come from a third-party website and not their own.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott B
August 2016

Re: Star Ratings in Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Scott B

The stars you see in ads are seller ratings. They are sourced from a specific list of third-party reviewers. You can see more details on how they work here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en

The stars you are mentioning in organic results are merely pulled from the code on the website.  

To answer your question, a physician review site would not qualify for seller ratings.  

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott B
August 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Scott B

The stars you see in ads are seller ratings. They are sourced from a specific list of third-party reviewers. You can see more details on how they work here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en

The stars you are mentioning in organic results are merely pulled from the code on the website.  

To answer your question, a physician review site would not qualify for seller ratings.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, David! That answers page was very helpful.