AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Star Ratings in Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do sites likes Terminix.com get star ratings in their ads with only selling pest control services and no "products"?

What is the best way for a similar company offering a home service to get star ratings?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt A
September 2015

Re: Star Ratings in Ads

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your question and your interest in seller-ratings. Please note that only certain ads are eligible to appear with seller ratings. Once you meet the following criteria, your ads could be eligible to show seller ratings on Google search results and Google search partners.

1. Your campaign type should be "Search Network with Display Select," "Search & Display Networks" or "Search Network only."
  2. The customer must be searching on Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.co.nz, Google.com.au, Google.de, Google.co.jp, Google.fr, or Google.nl.
  3. In most cases, your business must have at least 30 unique reviews -- each from the past 12 months -- and a composite rating of at least 3.5 stars or higher. However, we may show ratings for merchants with fewer than 30 reviews if we have sufficient data from other sources to determine an accurate rating. At least 10 of these reviews must be in the customer's Google interface language.
  4. You don't need a Google Merchant Center account for your ads to be eligible for seller ratings.

That said, let me know your the URL of your site and I can check if there is any other technical issue. 

Thanks, 

Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Where do these reviews come from? The URL is trustterminix.com
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt A
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Thanks for that good follow up question Matt. 

Google bases the ratings from these sources:

And, Google features reviews from these independent review sites:

You can read more here,

Mini

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Matt,

I recently did a ton of research for one of my service based clients after seeing a competitor ad with ratings, for a service based company. It looked like it was from Google Consumer Surveys. When I inquired further, I was told having that alone was not going to guarantee seller ratings to show.

Most of these services/exaggerators are eCommerce based...you know, for online stores.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the info!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@PPCBossman I wonder what the best strategy for a service based company would be?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Matt,

I've yet to figure it out myself. I think if you have a large, national brand, there are more options. But for the smaller, more local businesses, it's quite unclear to me at this point.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.