AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Star Rating System

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Guys can anyone update me on the rating stars change over the last 12 months or next 12 months?

Something about no one being allowed to get stars until 12 months of reviews vs. having 40 4+ stars to have the extension automatically activated via Google?

Any information is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Star Rating System

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

Yeah generally all you have to do is get 30+ positive ratings on a review site that is known to be crawled by Google (TrustPilot, ReviewCentre) and then it will automatically correlate these reviews with the destination URL of your ad and start showing the stars.

I'd hazard a guess that there are also QS factors here; i.e. they won't show it on a QS 2 triggered ad in 6th position, but a strong QS in the top 3 will show stars.

Does that help any?

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

Yeah generally all you have to do is get 30+ positive ratings on a review site that is known to be crawled by Google (TrustPilot, ReviewCentre) and then it will automatically correlate these reviews with the destination URL of your ad and start showing the stars.

I'd hazard a guess that there are also QS factors here; i.e. they won't show it on a QS 2 triggered ad in 6th position, but a strong QS in the top 3 will show stars.

Does that help any?

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Jack,

There is any tools for cheaking review,

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Jack excellent stuff. I should have accepted that as an answer but just before - do you have any idea about the change in star rating (i.e no stars activated until 12 months as opposed to 30+ 4 stars?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Reviews.co.uk has launched a FREE review collection service that gets you included against you google stars.

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I wonder why they are doing that... Hmmm