AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Spending Limit Problem

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have built my campaign, set the keywords, filled in the billing information, bought credits and set a daily budget. But the ads simply don't show up. When I check to see why in the Ad Preview and Diagnosis page, it shows that "your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today" being that absolutly nobody has clicked or seen my ad and all my credits are intact. How is this possible? My ad is based on CPC and the bids are set to automatic. But the situation still makes no sense. I've seen that alot o people have this same problem but have yet found a solution. And yes, the ad is stated as "approved". Can somebody help me?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ewippel
September 2015

Re: Spending Limit Problem

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ewippel,

Welcome to the community..!

What is your present daily budget and Max CPC?

Automatic bidding will automatically choose the maximum CPC bid that can allow you to receive the most possible clicks within your budget.

I think the problem here is your daily budget. If your daily budget is not high enough to bring you clicks (based on Max CPC you set) then the system will show you the messsage "your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today"

You can try few things.

1. Try increasing your daily budget or try reducing your Max CPC.

2. or Switch to manual bidding.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ewippel
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ewippel,

Welcome to the community..!

What is your present daily budget and Max CPC?

Automatic bidding will automatically choose the maximum CPC bid that can allow you to receive the most possible clicks within your budget.

I think the problem here is your daily budget. If your daily budget is not high enough to bring you clicks (based on Max CPC you set) then the system will show you the messsage "your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today"

You can try few things.

1. Try increasing your daily budget or try reducing your Max CPC.

2. or Switch to manual bidding.

Hope this helps,

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ewippel,

Info has great advice. Here's the deal. If your Mac CPC is a significant portion of your daily budget, Google can't show your ad without risking overdelivery of more than 20% on that day. Google will overdeliver on a single day up to but not over 20%, and never over your daily budget multiplied by the number of days in the month.

Let's say, for example, you have a daily budget of $10 and a Max CPC of $5. If Google shows your ad three times to three people and all three click on your ad, you would have gone over your daily budget by 50%, so Google will not show your ad at all with this kind of setup.

I would agree with Info, switch to manual bidding and either increase your daily budget or decrease your CPC bids. You should star seeing your ads then.

Best of Luck1

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Now I understand. That's exactly what happened.

The bids where set to automatic and the CPC was going as high as $2.50. So a few minutes later with about 10 clicks, the daily budget was reached.

The problem with Ad Words (and what confused me) is that it takes a while for the information to update. I've since set all the bids manually but now i'm stuck with low Ad Rank's. I'm finding Ad Words to be pretty expensive for me at the time. But that's another story...

Thanks for the help!