AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Spanish Language Ads on English Site with Google Translate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

One of our sites is based in Puerto Rico and is designed as an English website, because our catalog for the site's e-commerce is also in English.  However, we have installed the Google Translate widget and it seems to work fairly well for simple navigation of the site en Espanol.

I am trying to figure out how to make ad copy in Spanish and utilize the Translate option on the site so that the landing page will be in English... I cannot seem to find a landing page that will automatically select Spanish for me with the drop down (see attached) in order to be an appropriate destination URL for my AdWords ads.  As we all know, the landing page language must match the Ad copy language for an ad to be relevant. 

Currently, our English language ads will land on a page similar to:

http://parts.sutiendamopar.com/default.aspx

Essentially, I am trying to find a way to modify the URL so that the landing page will be in Spanish (utilizing the Google Translate box we implemented).

Or is all of this a moot point, because the Google gods will automatically know my user is Spanish and understand that the landing page should be displayed to them in their native language?

Any suggestions? or am I dead in the water?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spanish Language Ads on English Site with Google Translate?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Robert D

Hmm... This is an interesting case....

Since, as you mentioned AdWords does not translate, there might be a method  of using custom url  to transfer the user language to the site, and once the site recognizes a user  as a Spanish speaker, a translate command will be executed.

You'll need some help by a programmer on that.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar situation where I want to install Google Translate on my website and then start to advertise in different companies using AdWords.
Looking for a solution I came across your post and then this which I think is what we're both looking for. https://support.google.com/translate/answer/2534601?hl=en
As @MosheTLV guessed it looks like we can get Google Translate to change the language using a parameter, #googtrans(en|TARGET_LANG_CODE), to the end of the URL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calum,

Thanks for this reply! It seems really helpful. This is exactly what I was looking for - I wonder what the language code for Spanish is? Doesn't seem to be obvious anywhere.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert D
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think it's just 'es' so try #googtrans(en|es) on the end of the URL Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perfect!