AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Source IP ranges for the adwords bots

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was in touch with support and they said Google doesn't have any data to hand me, so I thought maybe here someone will escalate this issue to a hopefully quick solution.

We are customers of adword and use a cloud WAF, so I wish to block bad bots and allow the adword bots, so for this I need to know the IP ranges of adword bots - to whitelist them at the WAF system, but there is not official list like this.

Support only said the IP addresses are constantly changing, and I said it is OK with me, I just need to know the range within it the IPs are changing - but they could not supply such list.

They referred me to this article, https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1061943?hl=en, but it doesn't help since the user-agent attribute is easy to fake, while IP is less fake-able...

Please, Google, create such a list and publish it - to help us secure our sites while allowing your traffic.

Thanks,

Eitan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The Support Rep was correct. Google does not provide this information

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe, I didn't doubt that...

It is only very strange and bad in my view - that Google won't make and publish such a list, not of specific IPs but of full ranges, I am willing to allow full ranges, trusting Google, but Google is not supplying this data, which makes it harder on me to protect my site while not harming normal operation of Google bots.

It is a very problematic attitude.