AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Some campaigns show the "Focus" options and some don't

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  I have one campaign that gives me the option to "focus," such as the screenshot below.Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 10.06.09 AM.png

But then in another campaign I don't have the "focus on..." options but instead it looks like the screenshot here...

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 10.33.32 AM.png

Why are there two different Big strategy option menus and how do I get to one or the other?  Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Some campaigns show the "Focus" options and some don't

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Blake,

In the second option it looks like you have selected an automated bid strategy to 'maximize clicks.' The first option is set to a non-automated strategy that allows you to focus on clicks, set up manual CPC, impressions, conversions, etc. If you want to make the first mentioned campaign look the second, change your bid strategy to Automated with the option selected for AdWords to set your bids. The first screenshot is the default option for new advertisers while the second screenshot shows a campaign that has already chose a bidding option, run for a little while and has different options.

I personally prefer the manual CPC option which is for more confident users in that it gives you more control of your budget and spending.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, but the first is automated as well.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Are both the campaigns from the same adwords account or different?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
different accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We were thinking the first was updated to look like the second, essentially meaning the same thing, but a colleagues account looks like the first one also. We know our way around adwords, but this has us all scratching our heads.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Blake,

Is the campaign type the same for these two screenshots?
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Correct, both are running Display Network only.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Gotcha. I believe this is just an AdWords UI update that is being rolled out to certain accounts before others. All of the accounts at the our agency were updated to the new UI a little while back. It seems the goal is to mimic the Bid Strategies functionality in the Shared Library. Not a super helpful answer but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's what I was thinking also. Kind of threw us off a little and didn't see any specific info about it, so figured it was UI as well. Thanks for the input.