AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Some advanced sitelink questions for Adwords Junkies...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1) Why is there a limit of only 10,000 ad group references to upgraded ad extensions per account but a limit of 100,000 active legacy ad extensions per account?

Unless I am understanding things incorrectly, these two limits are completely inconsitstent with each other. I can have 100,000 sitelinks but only 10,000 references to such site links. If I have 10,000 unique Ad Group Sitelinks and reference these 1 time each, then what do I do with the other 90,000 sitelinks. Even if I use the 10,000 campaign references to sitelinks, I still have no use for 80,000 sitelinks.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704396?hl=en

2) Let's suppose I have a campaign with 2 sitelink extensions to it. In addition, I have an adroup with 2 adgroup specific sitelinks. Can these sitelinks coexist with each other and show simulataneously? In my example, would my ad have the 2 adgroup site links and 2 campaign site links for a total of 4? Or would it default to the 2 ad group sitelinks only? (Of course this assumes I have the right quality score and position to display sitelinks).

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian B
September 2015

Re: Some advanced sitelink questions for Adwords Junkies...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
1) You can have 10.000 campaigns and 100.000 sitelinks. But one campaign, or ad group, can only reference 10.000 sitelinks. It's a limit to the links between ad groups / campaigns and extensions. But if you have 10.000 campaigns and 10 extensions (sitelinks) per campaign you're making use of all of them

2) My "guess" is that once an ad serves and qualifies for showing sitelinks, both ad group and campaign extensions may show, because they are all linked to that ad group (from which the ad is served).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian B
September 2015

Re: Some advanced sitelink questions for Adwords Junkies...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
1) You can have 10.000 campaigns and 100.000 sitelinks. But one campaign, or ad group, can only reference 10.000 sitelinks. It's a limit to the links between ad groups / campaigns and extensions. But if you have 10.000 campaigns and 10 extensions (sitelinks) per campaign you're making use of all of them

2) My "guess" is that once an ad serves and qualifies for showing sitelinks, both ad group and campaign extensions may show, because they are all linked to that ad group (from which the ad is served).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.