AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Some HHI Tiers Not Available for My Location While Others Are?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to segment my campaign targeting for a few counties and cities in western South Dakota, but when I try to set the HHI tiers to the top 10%, 11-20%, or 21-30%, I get the error message:

"Average household income for top 10% is not available for the location you specified. Please enter another location."

Curiously enough, when I get to the top 31-40%, or top 41-50% it will let me add the target location with demographics. Anybody know why this is? I have two hypothesis but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this situation.

A) AdWords isn't precise enough and is unable distinguish the location of those top percentage tiers as of yet? But if they can figure out where the 31-40% income brackets are why couldn't they figure out the top 20% or top 10%?

B) HHI is weighted on national percentages so perhaps because the cost of living is so low in South Dakota, the top 31-40% is actually the top 10% within the state? I feel like out of those two options this is more likely. If this is true then by targeting the top 31-40% I should actually be targeting the top 10% HHI within that geographic location, correct?

All help is appreciated, thanks!

Thanks!

Some HHI Tiers Not Available for My Location While Others Are?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, I think this answered my own question? http://www.screencast.com/t/Rd5rEyz1v3W.