AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Smart Display Campaign Results

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone used the Smart Display Beta yet? 

I set it up for my company. It's been doing wonderful or so I thought. We're attempting to earn form fill in conversions. After running the past month and reviewing the leads generated from it, the team that reaches out to these leads have had a problem reaching them by receiving fake emails or phone numbers or the lead is not interested anymore. What ever the excuse may be.  I know this is pretty vague and not specific as to why the leads are not moving along our "purchase path", but the team responsible to push these leads through funnel are not able to do so. 

I am looking to see if anyone else here has seen similar results with smart display. Literally, it's creating a great number of leads at a great cpa for our account, but this is killing me. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Smart Display Campaign Results

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sean, this reminds me of a similar experience I had using Targeting Optimization on the Display Network. Using the Display Network to remarket to Search users worked well, but allowing AdWords to go find "similar users" at my target CPA resulted in thousands of dollars in bogus leads. Like you, I thought all was well until I started digging into down-funnel performance of those Display leads.

My recommendation is to use keyword-targeted ads on the Search Network to target your customers, and limit your use of the Display Network to retargeting those users.