AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink visibility - force display of sitelinks?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How can I force sitelinks to show up everytime my ads are displayed?

Is it up to the system to make that decision?

it seems to greatly improve CTR, so how can i make sure they are displayed every single time an ad is displayed?

thank you very much for any advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Sitelink visibility - force display of sitelinks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello floshkit,

Unfortunately there is no way to force the sitelinks extension to show each time a search triggers your ads; a certain criteria has to be met for it to have a chance of being used:

• Your ad's Quality Score.
  • The position of your ad on Google search result pages.
  • The landing page of your ads and sitelinks.
  • Other ad extensions that are enabled in your campaign.
  • The search term used by a potential customer.
  • The relevance of other ads on the page.

You can improve the chances of having your sitelink extension appear however by doing the following:

• Your sitelink URLs within a campaign or ad group must each direct to a unique landing page, with unique content. Sitelinks within a campaign that point to the same content won't show.
  • Your ad should have one of the top positions above Google search results.
  • Your ad should have a very high Quality Score.
  • Your sitelink URLs must direct customers to pages that are relevant to your product or service.
  • Add the maximum amount of sitelinks you can to your campaign.

For more information on the subject I would recommend checking out this help article.

You are also correct in identifying an improved CTR for the sitelinks extension. I doubt it's the case for every business but there have been studies made which have revealed CTRs improved in the majority of the campaigns it was being used in. A good example of this is discussed in this thread created by Alys.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello floshkit,

Unfortunately there is no way to force the sitelinks extension to show each time a search triggers your ads; a certain criteria has to be met for it to have a chance of being used:

• Your ad's Quality Score.
  • The position of your ad on Google search result pages.
  • The landing page of your ads and sitelinks.
  • Other ad extensions that are enabled in your campaign.
  • The search term used by a potential customer.
  • The relevance of other ads on the page.

You can improve the chances of having your sitelink extension appear however by doing the following:

• Your sitelink URLs within a campaign or ad group must each direct to a unique landing page, with unique content. Sitelinks within a campaign that point to the same content won't show.
  • Your ad should have one of the top positions above Google search results.
  • Your ad should have a very high Quality Score.
  • Your sitelink URLs must direct customers to pages that are relevant to your product or service.
  • Add the maximum amount of sitelinks you can to your campaign.

For more information on the subject I would recommend checking out this help article.

You are also correct in identifying an improved CTR for the sitelinks extension. I doubt it's the case for every business but there have been studies made which have revealed CTRs improved in the majority of the campaigns it was being used in. A good example of this is discussed in this thread created by Alys.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks so much. 

Great and thorough answer.

As so many things on Adwords: Quality is #1.