AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink extensions show up in preview outside of their ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have one AdWords campaign with two ad groups; each ad group has one ad with two different sitelink extensions.

When I look at the preview for a sitelink extension in one of the ad groups, the preview shows *all four* of the available extensions in the whole campaign. But only *two* (specific) extensions are supposed to show up per ad, as indicated.

So is the preview just arbitrary? Or will the ads also pull extensions from the other ad group which they're not part of?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you!

Rosa

2 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Go to the individual adgroup and check the extension tab. See that the site links are created at the adgroup level and not at the campaign level.

If you are sure that only 2 sitelinks created at each adgroup level and not campaign level. If your ads are running then you can check with ad preview tool.

Try to test your ads with ad preview tool, here are the steps to test: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Rosa B,

FirstlyI would recommend you to use at least 3 ads in each ad group for optimal performance.

The ad extension implemented at most granular level will replace the one at higher level.

account >> campaign >> ad group

In case if you have implemented fewer number of any particular ad extension type at ad group level than required but implemented 4-5 or more in numbers at campaign level then that particular ad extension type won't appear.

Either you have to add more at ad group level or remove those ones to trigger campaign ad extension.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’