AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink extensions - how to delete?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm sure the answer will turn out to be obvious, but I can't figure it out right now. How do I delete site link extensions that I am no longer using?

Also, is there an easy way to rearrange the order in which they appear without removing them all and then re-adding them in a different order? Drag and drop would be nice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sitelink extensions - how to delete?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

That depends upon whether you have upgraded your sitelinks to the new "Enhanced Campaigns"-format or not.

If not, and you wanna delete a complete sitelink extension, just check the box left of the sitelink and click "delete". If you wanna delete a specific link in a sitelink extension, edit the extension and "delete" a link when editing.

Change of order can also easily be done with AdWords Editor

If you have upgraded you sitelinks, you can easily move a specific link in and out of an extension, thus removing and / or changing the order of them. 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have upgraded my sitelinks. So what I think you're saying is that I can't actually delete a sitelink from my account. I can only leave it in my list of sitelinks unused.

I am trying to clear up clutter, so was hoping to whittle the list down to the few ones that have worked out the best for me.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
It actually seems you can´t delete upgraded sitelinks at the moment. Not online anyway, maybe with AdWords Editor?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

Currently Editor cannot recognize the sitelinks for enhanced campaign. If you want to remove it, you may set the end date for the sitelink.
They are unable to be deleted and causing difficulty when navigation. I feel the same

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are the "sitelinks improvement" chapter, it would be a good ideea to update your links with this feature

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/06/give-your-sitelinks-additional-detail.html

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello David,

I too getting the same problem , i could not able to delete the site link and also check box was not enabling in site link extension tab ,when i deleted through ad words editor also no use ,can u help me with suggestion

Thanks,

james

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
There is currently no way, either in Editor or online interface, to completely delete a sitelink. You can remove it from all campaigns and ad groups, so that it's unused, but it will still be shown in the picker.

The best you can do is this: whenever you need a new sitelink, instead of creating one from scratch, pick an old unused sitelink and edit it.

Sitelink extensions - how to delete?

N/A
# 9
N/A

You need to change your settings, temporarily, to the old version of Adwords.  There you will be able to delete a site link extension.