AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink Extensions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

If I have a static landing page and want to use Sitelink Extensions in my campaign then is it possible for me to display sitelinks with my ads.

Thanks,

Anurag

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sitelink Extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Anurag Saxena,

You can't duplicate landing pages of adcopies and sitelinks. Adcopy and sitelinks should land to a different destination url.

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Neha,

But still if my client wants to use sitelinks with his ads, is there any way in which I can use them.

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Anurag,

Make your client understand what is the purpose of sitelinks and according to google policy we are not allowed to use same landing page in adcopy and sitelinks. I am sure if you will explain how it works and why it is important, you client will understand.

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anurag

If you still want to use sitelinks with the single page, then paste that page in two different directories on the domain server and name those directories anything you want. It will change the destination URL and you don't need to create any new page for that.

Just to make it more clear, suppose you have a domain "abc.com" and a page "home.html", so the page that you will use in ad copy will be "abc.com/home.html". Now make a directory "pqr" on the domain server and paste the "home.html" in that directory with a new name like "pqrhome.html". Now you have another page with URL "abc.com/pqr/pqrhome.html".
Repeat the step for another sitelink.
This is just a alternate to your requirement but this won't help the user, as the page are just identical with different URL.

Regards
Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anurag,

It is a not a good idea to use same landing page under sitelink extensions. Sitelink extensions are primarily used to populate other important pages of your website, as you do not have to create separate ads for them. I have myself used sitelink extension for my ad, wherein , I am directing visitors to two different landing pages for ex. product datasheet and product demo. With both these links, I am trying to improve my lead generation process.

For more information, have a look at this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en

Kapil M