AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Site Links Descriptions - Are they being depricated??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are site link descriptions being deprecated?  I am currently setting up site links by am I am no longer seeing ads with sites and their descriptions. 

I just see ads with site link text? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site Links Descriptions - Are they being depricated??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex W,

We must be on similar community schedules. Smiley Happy

I have not heard anything regarding the depreciation of of sitelink descriptions.  What I can share is that I've found the most success in having descriptions appear with specific brand campaigns/ad groups. I don't know the specific criteria to have descriptions appear in your ads, but I would imagine there needs to be a convincing case that your ad is the only one that needs to be there - those descriptions are bulky!.  

keurig.jpg

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Site Links Descriptions - Are they being depricated??

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex W,

Negative, I don't think there is anything wrong with sitelink extensions. This ad is coming up in Wisconsin:

Capture0apr20.JPG

And this should be displayed to you when you are trying to set up new sitelink extensions:

Capture0apr20a.JPG

Note that the sitelink description may show along with your sitelink when you fill out both lines.

Best,

Lakatos

Site Links Descriptions - Are they being depricated??

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

It definitely seems like branded queries show sitelink descriptions more often than non-brand queries. Although, not every brand query is necessarily guaranteed to show sitelink descriptions. It also seems like brands who work to ensure they protect their brand terms, and have high brand recognition are more likely to show descriptions(?).

That's a great observation @PPCBossman. Smiley Happy

Tom