AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Site Link Extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company has several Site Link Extensions which allows us to advertise on a brand keyword while displaying multiple product lines that they offer. Everytime we see our ad, we noticed that the competitor that has site link extension that is taking more space (and even displays more informations) which is making them stand out more than ours. Does google favor companies that have a google merchants account? 

When we add more than 4 site links we find that they will only show 4 at a time. Also if our site links are too long ( about 33 characters) then they will only display 2 or so. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Site Link Extension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello aramatf Welcome to our community;

As far as I know, Google does not favor an advertiser with a Merchant account. However, there are number of sitelink  ad formats. The one you get, depends on your ad quality, and can vary from one auction to another.

Read more in this help center article  on Sitelinks, and in this Wiki  article on sitelinks by Kim  

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello aramatf Welcome to our community;

As far as I know, Google does not favor an advertiser with a Merchant account. However, there are number of sitelink  ad formats. The one you get, depends on your ad quality, and can vary from one auction to another.

Read more in this help center article  on Sitelinks, and in this Wiki  article on sitelinks by Kim  

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the help. The brand terms that we have site extensions on have a lower quality score because Google considers them to be very broad (but most consumers are more likely to search for the brand name rather then a particular item or product). It make sense that the quality of the ad/keywords is a direct reflection of the site link ad display. Thanks again!

-aramatf

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Check out that help center article Moshe cited, and scroll down to enhanced sitelinks. Does that image look like what you are seeing?

The documentation on exactly how to do this is scarce. Here is another thread I remember on the subject. My first attempt at enhanced sitelinks didn't work out so well. Smiley Happy At that point, I decided that since call extensions provided more value (at least in the minds of the clients),  that call extensions were more of a priority to figure out the nuance of than enhanced sitelinks. 

Tom