AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Since yesterday, most campaigns are "limited by budget"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like the title says, since yesterday most of my campaigns are "limited by budget". Before there were maybe 1 or 2 daily of 100+ campaigns that were limited, but just because they were very good performing.

Did Google change what constitutes a campaign as being "limited by budget"? I hope they change it back – it's hard to differentiate between paused/limited campaigns (not hard, but definitely annoying).

ThanksCat Very Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Since yesterday, most campaigns are "limited by budget"?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I dont exactly see what makes it harder to differentiate  between Limited by budget  and Paused, or a normal active campaign with out the Limited annotation ?  Its Black versus Grey both ways.

But you could use the Filter drop-down (under tab Campaigns) to show "only active campaigns" !

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Dokudoku,

Limited by budget means your ads are missing good no. of impressions and clicks beacuse you set low daily budget for your camapign, this can happen if no. of searches had increased in last 10-15 days. Adwords show this to help advertiser so that they could not miss any potential clikcs becuse of less budget.

Kindly read the Avoid a depleted daily budget article, you can find here good tips how to manage your daily budget in best way.

Dinesh
My Blog

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning, Dokudoku.

Actually, this is probably not due to any change Google made in how they display messages. Traffic volume changes constantly, and traffic patterns also change as people shift how they search for different things. It's possible that your campaigns had sufficient budget to serve your keywords for how searches were happening, but now some shift has taken place--it could be even an edit you made inside the campaign--and now this message appears to let you know there's more traffic available if you want it

It's not a "warning" in any sense--just an informational message. 

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*