AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Similar audiences from custom combination?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

Will similar audiences be created based on custom combination remarketing lists?

Since a few weeks I am trying to populate similar audiences based on custom combinations and even though the custom combination remarketing lists now consists of 10k-50k cookies the similar audience list is still below 1k.

Could this be because custom combination cannot serve as seeding audience?

Best,
Julian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Julian W

Interesting.... Google doesn't disclose how similar audiences (lists) are constructed, but I assume that "broader reach" rule applies and each list has its own similar audience.

>>"Google will automatically identify which of your remarketing lists qualify for similar audiences based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the number of visitors on the original list, how recently these people joined the original list, and the types of sites that these visitors browsed.

We can define a similar audience for your own lists only.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2676774?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will probably wait another few days and decide how to move on with it. I really hope that Custom Combinations can build up Similar Audiences...