AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Similar Interests of Remarketing Users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking for some insights to broaden a well performing audience....

I've been buying a lot of search traffic for a particular set of keywords.  Users that land on the page I'm targeting, get placed on a remarketing list and they are my most engaged customers.  That list has about 60k people on it and I'd like to use adwords to find other things that they are interested in, rather than relying on common sense, outside research, etc.

Any suggestions?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Similar Interests of Remarketing Users

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey James, how are things?

I don't think you can use Remarketing lists to analyse user behavior, if this is the correct assumption I got from you. Google for sure have those information, but this is restrict even for privacy reasons since Adwords is not a Behavior tool per say. I'm afraid you would have to rely on 3rd Party Tools for that kind of research.

But apart from that, there's on very cool thing on Adwords called "Similar Audiences". Google will deliver to you a remarketing list with people that never got to visit your website and didn't know it exist, but have similar interest over the people you already have. It's kind of "Look alike" audience from Facebook. You can check more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2676774?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: Similar Interests of Remarketing Users

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey James,

2 suggestions besides the great idea of similar audiences by leandrofm.
#1 - I would suggest you create a RLSA (search remarketing list) with a wide net of keywords and based on that traffic you can get a better idea of what they're interested in.
#2 - You can narrow down that remarketing audience in Google Analytics by creating 'segments' and based on their on-page behaviour, purchasing, filling out forms, duration on website, etc - you can turn that segment into a more accurate remarketing list.
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’