AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Showing month as a custom parametr in ad.copies

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hello dear community members, 

I have to insert specific month in lots of my ad.copies. 

Example: 

Headline
Descr.1

August only. Call for free quote

Can I add some parametr to display current month ( not August ) in my ad. copie?  

Cheers, 
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Showing month as a custom parametr in ad.copies

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Yes, I have read this article before but I can see only countdown option which can be set to specific date however I don't see an option about adding specific month.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Alexey,

I have no doubt that you an use scripts to accomplish this but to further understand capabilities and limitations of the ad customizers, I've been working with them more regularly.

I'm working on a solution as I type this for inserting days of week into ad copy using ad customizers. If this works out, with some minor tweaks, I should be able to adjust it to insert month names as well. I'll keep you posted. If you don't hear back from me in the next day or so, post here again so I get the message.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Thanks Tommy, we will keep in touch.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Alexey,

I'm having some technical difficulties with my feeds at the moment and trying to work them out. But, in your case, I think I may have a good suggestion for you to try.

You'll need to set up a little feed with a few columns depending on what your account looks like

But basically, you can have a custom column called Month (text) and list your months, then add in a start date and end date columns. So January would start on 2015/01/01 00:00:01 and end on 2015/31/01 23:59:59.

I don't know if this is the best solution and you'd need to set this up for each campaign.

If you dig into this page, it really explains about how to set up the feeds - review all the attribute types.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6093368

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’