AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Showing different ads in different geographic areas

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I would like to create a separate set of text ads to run in a particular geographic area. I want to use the same keywords, but have users trigger different ads depending on their location. Do I need to create separate campaigns or separate ad groups, or is there some other better way to do it? Are there downsides to using the same keywords in more than one place?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Showing different ads in different geographic areas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey fnippy,

Yes, you are spot on. You will need to create two seperate campaigns as location targeting is set at the campaign level.

There is not a downside to targeting the same keywords in seperate campaigns as long as the geographic targeting is different. 

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey fnippy,

Yes, you are spot on. You will need to create two seperate campaigns as location targeting is set at the campaign level.

There is not a downside to targeting the same keywords in seperate campaigns as long as the geographic targeting is different. 

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

fnippy wrote:

I would like to create a separate set of text ads to run in a particular geographic area. I want to use the same keywords, but have users trigger different ads depending on their location. Do I need to create separate campaigns or separate ad groups, or is there some other better way to do it? Are there downsides to using the same keywords in more than one place?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello kathrineSalenga;

Check our wiki article section ( upper navigation bar), for help articles on geo-targeting.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Much appreciated!