AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Show ads to unregd. visitors only?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there a way to limit ad impr. to only those who are not my registered users already?

I ve read that it s possible on Display network via remarketing. A step guide or an illustration would be helpful.

Thanks,

Vikram

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Show ads to unregd. visitors only?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Set up your Re-marketing using Adwords -> Shared Library -> Audience. Get the tag for re-marketing and paste it in all your webpages in body section.

Now, create your re-marketing list to acquire specific visitors who visited specific URL by creating your New Re-Marketing List and mention the URL.

If you want to track visitors who visited specific URL (say reached your cart and added their products) but did not visit your thank you page URL, you need create your Rule using require AND or OR operators to filter your visitors
For ex.
URL contains abcxyz.com/shoppingcart/cart AND
URL does not contain abcxyz.com/shoppingcart/thankyou

Now, create your Re-Marketing Campaign Targeting such Audience. You may want to choose the campaign type as "Display Network Only - Remarketing".

Regards,
Balu.
www.locsea.com/googleadwordsblog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikram S
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just found a solution to this.

Add 'converted users' Remarketing list as exclusion in audiences tab in your campaigns. Waiting to see the impact on perf.

Thanks for your comments!

Rgds,
VIk

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Set up your Re-marketing using Adwords -> Shared Library -> Audience. Get the tag for re-marketing and paste it in all your webpages in body section.

Now, create your re-marketing list to acquire specific visitors who visited specific URL by creating your New Re-Marketing List and mention the URL.

If you want to track visitors who visited specific URL (say reached your cart and added their products) but did not visit your thank you page URL, you need create your Rule using require AND or OR operators to filter your visitors
For ex.
URL contains abcxyz.com/shoppingcart/cart AND
URL does not contain abcxyz.com/shoppingcart/thankyou

Now, create your Re-Marketing Campaign Targeting such Audience. You may want to choose the campaign type as "Display Network Only - Remarketing".

Regards,
Balu.
www.locsea.com/googleadwordsblog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I run a remarketing campaign and use custom combinations as well.

What i really wanted to know is if i can stop showing my ads to users who have already

1) registered on my website OR
2) visited my website

As per GA data in my Adwords UI, I see that 30% of my budget is spent on returning users. Objective is to reduce this %age to min. which should also decrease my CPL significantly.

Thanks,
Vikram

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You can't completely avoid same users looking at your ad and clicking on it from your Search Campaign and/or Display Network Campaign (I'm not talking about re-marketing campaign). You may do one thing, try targeting lower position for your keywords. Are you using generic keywords in your adgroups and hence you are getting 1st visitors looking for information related to your keywords? You may want to focus on specific keywords so that you will be able to avoid 1st time visitors.

1. Not sure if you are asking from Re-Marketing perspective. If you want to avoid registered customers for you re-marketing, include one more condition saying "URL does not contain Thankyoupage"

2. I would prefer you re-target your visitors but did not complete a goal.

Regards,
Balu.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikram S
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just found a solution to this.

Add 'converted users' Remarketing list as exclusion in audiences tab in your campaigns. Waiting to see the impact on perf.

Thanks for your comments!

Rgds,
VIk