AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Show ads on websites that you choose - Facebook

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

I have a question about this feature "Show ads on websites that you choose

I noticed that Facebook is listed and can be added to show ads on it, right? [ http://postimg.org/image/iy86eauqf ]

My question is:

Where will my ads appear exactly and how do they appear on Facebook if I choose to show my ads on Facebook? I hope they could appear as a regular Facebook ad. I'm very excited to see an example!

Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author khlid b
November 2015

Re: Show ads on websites that you choose - Facebook

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @khlid b,

It does actually, but never mind let me try explaining it different for you. 

There can be very few inventories on GDN that show up as placements in AdWords but may not necessarily be available for target because of Advertiser's preferences. They may choose to serve ads only through Google DoubleClick. 

Having said that, I cannot deny that if you select Facebook as your managed placement, your ads would not show. I have seen instances where ads targeted to Facebook do gather impressions and clicks. Hence, the best would be to experiment with it. 

About ad formats, they would definitely not be like regular Facebook ads. They will be AdWords format ads. Those regular Facebook ads are setup and controlled from Facebook Ad Manager interface, not from AdWords'.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @khlid b,

Here's a similar thread that answers your question precisely, you should give it a read -

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Display-Planner-find-top-placem...

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ratan-Jha,

There is no answer in the thread; I still don't know how my ads will be shown on Facebook.

Thank you for your support.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author khlid b
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @khlid b,

It does actually, but never mind let me try explaining it different for you. 

There can be very few inventories on GDN that show up as placements in AdWords but may not necessarily be available for target because of Advertiser's preferences. They may choose to serve ads only through Google DoubleClick. 

Having said that, I cannot deny that if you select Facebook as your managed placement, your ads would not show. I have seen instances where ads targeted to Facebook do gather impressions and clicks. Hence, the best would be to experiment with it. 

About ad formats, they would definitely not be like regular Facebook ads. They will be AdWords format ads. Those regular Facebook ads are setup and controlled from Facebook Ad Manager interface, not from AdWords'.

Thanks
Ratan Jha