AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Should our company purchase API?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

whaat is API acound means ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should our company purchase API?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

API is Application Programming Interface which is exclusive for the high-end advertisers who want to generate custom reports and make lot of bulk changes to their Adwords account.

You can read more about this feature in this article and also read this reference to see the process of registration for API.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Great info and Links from pankaj1782 above. But I would like to add that APIs can be effectively used on smaller accounts too especially if you want to change things in your account like pausing, making live, bidding higer, customizing sitelinks automatically. The costs are very minimal compared to the manual efforts you will need to take to get these things done & and some of which are not even possible manually. Ou can check out API rates here. You should also check out some sample codes as well as some complete scripts here

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

... and I'll also add that there is now a "half-way" solution - Scripts.  Adwords Scripts (found under "Automation") allow you to write short scripts in JavaScript that'll operate on your account.  They're free (although some operating restrictions apply) and offer some pretty powerful options - certainly enough for most advertisers I would say.  If you need more than offered here, you probably need the API.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits