AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Should i schedule the ads..?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Take a look at the attachment and let me know whether i should schedule my ads. Also let me know the timings to schedule.

Conversion Timing

Frank

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should i schedule the ads..?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Frank, it's not easy to give precise advise on this without knowing more about the data; do these conversions represent a real value and if so, what is it?  How long is the period for this data?  What geographical area (timeszones) does it cover.

However, that said, my gut feeling would be to leave it running for all these hours.  Scheduling is useful when you can see a pattern that indicates that some periods of the day are more or less valuable than others and while it's obvious you have very few conversions during the night (around 23:00 to 07:00), their cost is very low in comparison to the other hours of the day and their cost/conversion is roughly the same as the other hours (around 20).  In truth, you have some very cheap conversions during the small hours so if anything I'd be more keen to keep these.

This said, I'd still use a custom schedule as it allows you to gather data and possibly apply bid adjustments at a later point.  I might suggest three for now:  00:00 - 07:00, 07:00 to 23:00 and 23:00 to 00:00.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello  Frank !

Please blur your cost per click and prices for conversions to protect your privacy . I hope others jump on this topic because it is an interesting case for study.

Prior to taking decisions about optimizing the schedule, you can optimize the keywords , to lower MaxCPC for non-converting keywords (or just pause/delete them), and bid higher for converting keywords and a little lower on keywords that have assist clicks or assist impressions. But these decisions are entirely up to you.

[Later edit] Sometimes the best effort to lower the conversion cost is to Look in the Ad Tab, click on Segment + Keyword/Placements, and Identify the Ads that do not get clicks from useful keywords that convert, pause them and create other Ads. New Ads can bring higher conversions just because they send a different message. It's like changing the design of the shoes, the function of the shoes is the same, but the appeal to buy comes from the visual aspect.

The picture is incomplete :

1) If you have configured revenue or profit , Add the column : Conversion value per cost, it is like seeing ROI :

conv-value-per-cost.png

2) Add the column : Cost / conv. (1-per-click), because this one tells you how expensive are conversions at one hour as opposed to another hour. Sometimes they can be 3 times more expensive.

3) If you have multiple sales in one session , add the column : Cost / conv. (many-per-click)

For example if you have 

At 13:00 Cost / conv. (1-per-click) = 20 $,, and Cost / conv. (many-per-click) = 5 $ and

At 23:00 Cost / conv. (1-per-click) = 100 $,, and Cost / conv. (many-per-click) = 6 $ , you could keep runing ads at 23:00 , because Cost / conv. (many-per-click) is only 20% higher than at 13:00, although it would seem that Cost / conv. (1-per-click) is 500% higher.

4) Add the column "Ad group" or "Campaign" in order to evaluate differently Sales and Leads, as you have mentioned in an earlier post that they are different, and you cannot/ have not assigned them a conversion value.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jon,

I am looking at the data at hours 01 and 23 , an I am wondering if spending 65 + 123 pounds  was worth it or if he  would have better stop running ads at those hours ? What would be your feedback about those situations ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@Adrian, we can't make any judgements here since we don't know the time period involved or the timezones covered by the Campaign(s). Unless this is a seriously long time period we're looking at here - many months - and on a single time zone, I'd be very nervous about cutting 2 hours out of the Ad schedule with conversions right next to them in the time slots. Yes, the hour from 1-2 has had 0 conversions but the hour from 2-3 had 5 at what is (I think) the lowest cost/conv in the table. Look at the overall budget picture. These two hours cost less than £200 in a day that spent £10,000; is it really worth taking that risk?

The only time I'd consider cutting Ads entirely with figures like these is if there was a practical reason for certain hours being non-converting such as scheduled maintenance or store/office closure.

I don't think there's any reason to blur the figures. There's no Account identifying features, they're just numbers.

Jon
AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

@jon - the data "all time data" for one time zone only. sorry i wasn't clear in the message...do you think that i should schedule the ads..?

@adrian - thanks for the input..Smiley Happy

Frank