AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Should I resubmit my keywords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a publically traded company, they are very rigid when it comes to changes and adjustments. Last week they asked me to move a percentage of the ads that I have been running for them to a new landing page. So I create a new campaign, load up a bunch of keywords, build out my adgroups and load up the not so great landing page. 

Today I see that almost all of the keywords are disapproved, the terms are relavent and the site is relevant. Im guessing that the issue is the new landing page is mostly a minisite designed to be advertised on pamphlets handed out at the merchant. 

Its a large static image, an ainimated .gif and little text, several embedded videos and multiple links to the corporate site. 

Telling the company to redesign the site probably isnt going to work...

Should I resubmit the keywords? What approach should I take for this situation? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Should I resubmit my keywords?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dustin,

I believe that you're facing a policy issue. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=99482

Disapproved -- The keyword cannot trigger ads because it violates AdWords policy.

You could try support and see if they can pinpoint the issue for you.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RBall (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

After speaking to support, I dicovered that the issue was the keyword URLs did not match the ad URLs. This is what can happen when you copy stuff over from the external editor...at least thats what happened to me Smiley Very Happy 

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
There may be some policy issues. (Do you have privacy links on the page?) We had a client who got dinged because they sent traffic for a new site design to a page that included an email signup... without a privacy policy. We fixed that, and everything was OK.

Is it the keywords that got disapproved, or the ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It is the keywords that got disapproved. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dustin,

I believe that you're facing a policy issue. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=99482

Disapproved -- The keyword cannot trigger ads because it violates AdWords policy.

You could try support and see if they can pinpoint the issue for you.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking closer the disapproval reason is the URL doesnt match. Im contacting support to see what they say. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RBall (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

After speaking to support, I dicovered that the issue was the keyword URLs did not match the ad URLs. This is what can happen when you copy stuff over from the external editor...at least thats what happened to me Smiley Very Happy