AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Should I exclude anonymous.google from my Remarketing campaign?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

The single greatest source of traffic in terms of impressions for my remarketing campaign comes up in the placement "anonymous.google" and I have a 1.11% CTR.

I'm a little uncomfortable not knowing where my ad is showing up.

What are the pros and cons of excluding anonymous.google from placements?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should I exclude anonymous.google from my Remarketing campaign?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Fnippy,

“Some publishers choose to offer placements anonymously and not disclose their site names to advertisers.”
Those placement are shown as "anonymous.google"

the solution is if you have your adwords and analytics linked, you will get your adwords data in analytics as well where you can get details of these anonymous domains.
You can Review them and if they are irrelevant you can exclude them. it will give you a good control

hope that helps!

regards,
Rahul Goel

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I recall reading an article by our TC, Calin  (aka @AdWiser) that  Analytics does not reveal anymore "anonymous by Adwords"

Let me find it; and ping Calin on this;

@AdWiser ?

Edit: here is the post by Calin;

Anonymous AdWords placements

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're right, @MosheTLV, we can no longer see that information in Analytics, unfortunately. I did write an article about it on my blog about uncovering these placements but the technique described there sadly no longer works.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@MosheLTV is there any way to exclude placements on Anonymous.Google, or if we are doing automatic placements we just have to live with it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can exclude all the anonymous. google placements by adding the following as placement exclusion
anonymous.google.

Reference: https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/159152?hl=en