AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Should I add keywords from the search term report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My campaign is running well and I have a decent quality score on the imp keywords. I have been keeping a track of all the search terms but have not added them to the ad groups. Should I ? Will there be a significant difference to the ad group performance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trudy D
September 2015

Re: Should I add keywords from the search term report?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Trudy,

If you find keywords in the search term report that a positive for your business, then it would make sense to add those terms in an Exact Match situation in the ad group that best represents those terms, or create a new ad group with corresponding ad copy to best optimize for that keyword. You would want to bid slightly higher on the new Exact Match terms to help win that auction.

Also when you find terms that a irrelevant from the search term report you would want to add those a negatives to either the full campaigns or individual ad groups. This will help with wasted impressions that effect CTR as well as wasted clicks that effect Budget and ROI.

Will there be a significant difference to the ad group performance?
It depends. It depends upon how you optimize those new keywords, what bidding strategies you use and how you sculpt your account and it's settings.

When you add a new keywords to the mix, you will potentially change some of the dynamics of your ad groups/ campaigns , but when done correctly it can make some beneficial changes to your CPC and hopefully overall conversions.

The point is you can potentially achieve a better QS and therefor a lower CPC for some of these newer identified keyword terms thus increasing your potential ROI.

Adwords is a living breathing entity, so you should always be testing, tweaking and making some adjustments for a positive outcome.

So Should I? - YES. test those terms if they work, great, if not Pause.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trudy D
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Trudy,

If you find keywords in the search term report that a positive for your business, then it would make sense to add those terms in an Exact Match situation in the ad group that best represents those terms, or create a new ad group with corresponding ad copy to best optimize for that keyword. You would want to bid slightly higher on the new Exact Match terms to help win that auction.

Also when you find terms that a irrelevant from the search term report you would want to add those a negatives to either the full campaigns or individual ad groups. This will help with wasted impressions that effect CTR as well as wasted clicks that effect Budget and ROI.

Will there be a significant difference to the ad group performance?
It depends. It depends upon how you optimize those new keywords, what bidding strategies you use and how you sculpt your account and it's settings.

When you add a new keywords to the mix, you will potentially change some of the dynamics of your ad groups/ campaigns , but when done correctly it can make some beneficial changes to your CPC and hopefully overall conversions.

The point is you can potentially achieve a better QS and therefor a lower CPC for some of these newer identified keyword terms thus increasing your potential ROI.

Adwords is a living breathing entity, so you should always be testing, tweaking and making some adjustments for a positive outcome.

So Should I? - YES. test those terms if they work, great, if not Pause.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for this Eric. I will keep a close eye on the account to see if there are any significant changes. Thanks once again!