AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Should I Use Call Forwarding Number on Landing Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up call forwarding for one of my PPC campaigns and that is working fine.  I know most people click on the ad through to my dedicated PPC landing page and call our office number that is displayed so i lose most of the visibility on where the call came from still. 

If I change the office number to display the call forwarding one instead on that landing page (this page can only be found via PPC) so i know they are a PPC visitors ringing will i get charged once for the person clicking on the ad through to that page and then again if they decide to use the call forwarding telephone number to call us.  I'm paying around £4 a click on some terms so don't want to be paying £8 by mistake.

Many thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt L
September 2015

Re: Should I Use Call Forwarding Number on Landing Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Matt;

There are a few things to remember;

• The intent of Google forwarding number is to identify various sources of traffic. So, having a forwarding number also as a business number (shown on a web site) does not serve the original intent. 
  • Google forwarding number is a property of Google,  and can be changed. So, you rather not use it as your business number, and promote it, since it could be changed at any given time;
  • And finally: it is not allowed (to promote  a Google forwarding number as a business number)

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Matt,

The short answer is no, don't do it. If call data is important to the business, you can look into 3rd party call tracking solutions or adding a second, third phone number to the business. Some of these solutions are dynamic and can change the phone number displayed on the site based on a tag in the URL.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Matt;

There are a few things to remember;

• The intent of Google forwarding number is to identify various sources of traffic. So, having a forwarding number also as a business number (shown on a web site) does not serve the original intent. 
  • Google forwarding number is a property of Google,  and can be changed. So, you rather not use it as your business number, and promote it, since it could be changed at any given time;
  • And finally: it is not allowed (to promote  a Google forwarding number as a business number)

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Matt,

The short answer is no, don't do it. If call data is important to the business, you can look into 3rd party call tracking solutions or adding a second, third phone number to the business. Some of these solutions are dynamic and can change the phone number displayed on the site based on a tag in the URL.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’