AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Sharing Keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can this be done? Should this be done?

I have 1 campaign with 2 ad-groups running now, I would like to add a 3rd, and I would like to use 2(Keywords) from my 1st ad-group keyword list. The 3rd will have several other keywords also it's just I would like to include 2 from my first ad-group.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

Re: Sharing Keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes this can be done but this must not be done.The reason for bidding on a keyword in the first place is to show up over a competitor’s ad. But if you are bidding on the same keyword as the same advertiser, then you’re bidding against yourself.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes this can be done but this must not be done.The reason for bidding on a keyword in the first place is to show up over a competitor’s ad. But if you are bidding on the same keyword as the same advertiser, then you’re bidding against yourself.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Good morning.

The response is correct, you should not include the same keyword more than once in a campaign (unless you're using more than one match type).

I would strongly suggest that you review the material in the AdWords Help Center to learn the basics of how your keywords and ads work together in a campaign.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*