AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Shared Budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to apply an end date to shared budget? For example:

Dec. 1-10: run as single budget

Dec. 11-25: run as shared budget 

Dec. 26-31: run as single budget

Thanks in advance.

Re: Shared Budgets

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Yvonne R

The only way I can think of adjusting the budgets is by setting up automated rules. Select the box beside one campaign, then automate, and 'changed daily budget when'. I have added some pictures below: 

Examples 1-3.png

and.JPG

Here you can select the day, whether you want the budget to increase or decrease etc.

I am uncertain if you can have both a shared budget set up as well as automated rules to change the budgets to a separate amount between a specific time frame. I will admit that I am not 100% sure of this method but I hope this helps!

Jillian

Shared Budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Jillian. The shared budget will prevent the rule from working bbecause you have to disconndisconnect campaign from shared budget before manually changing. 

Shared Budgets

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Yvonne R,

Is it possible to disable the shared budget and then create multiple automated rules to adjust the budget for the time frame you posted above? I know this was not your original question and this way would probably be a bit more time consuming to set up but if it is not currently an option to apply an end date to a shared budget (other than manually going in on the 10th of December to enable it and the 25th of December to disable it) this could be an easy way so you don't have to go in two separate days to set up and take down the shared budget especially if this will be an ongoing change throughout multiple months.

Another option is to create duplicate campaigns of the ones already set up. Example: You have 2 campaigns already set up with a shared budget - duplicate those two campaigns and make the 2 duplicates single budgeted. Then set up automated rules so the single budgeted campaigns end on the dates you desire and for the shared budget campaigns to start up and vise versa. 

*With the duplicate campaign option, things like the Quality Score, overall ad positioning, and CPC can be affected which can change your overall performance.

I hope you are able to find a solution,

Jillian

Shared Budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for additadditional tips.