AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Shared Budget in AdWords Editor

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It will be nice to have the shared budget option in the AdWords editor. Currently, we need to go to the online interface to create a shared budget to apply to multiple campaigns.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chetan J
October 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for posting to the Community, and for sharing your suggestion to include editable shared budgets in AdWords Editor. The AdWords Editor team reads these forums regularly and are constantly adding new features to AdWords Editor, so stay tuned!

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chetan J
October 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for posting to the Community, and for sharing your suggestion to include editable shared budgets in AdWords Editor. The AdWords Editor team reads these forums regularly and are constantly adding new features to AdWords Editor, so stay tuned!

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Cassie. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The documentation on Shared budgets does not make it clear that your original budget - is cleared from History.

requiring you to manually provide the new budget.

To remove a campaign from Shared Budgets you need to visit each campaign in the UI in settings and manually change back to standard budgets. I can't believe that Google missed this in the creation of the tool. (No Revert/UNDO) - Whats worse if you look in your HISTORY tab it does not even show your old budget, nor allows a Historical Revert.   I have over 300 campaign to extricate from this poorly designed feature.

Please pass this note up the food change and Fix Shared Budgets

Stan.

Re: Shared Budget in AdWords Editor

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Cassie,

Any plans to have this feature anytime soon?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 - This would be a useful update to the Editor. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And the worst part is it's 2018.

I even didn't know it doesn't copy the budget when copying a campaign. So what happened to me is, when I copied a campaign to a new campaign and uploaded, my actual spending (for 2 days luckily) was MyTotalBudget x 2; because AWE can't copy the budget type but it copied the amount, thus making the total spending double fold. I know I should know better. After all it's Google!  Smiley Wink

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved in 2016.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.